Grades: 10, 11, 12
eLearn is for students who prefer a more independent model of learning.
Benefits of an eLearn Course
- Courses follow the rigorous standards and curricula set by the Ontario Ministry of Education.
- All course content is online and no textbooks are required.
- Weekly video conferencing to support student learning.
- Students are expected to participate in online discussion and activities.
- There will be a wide range of assessment strategies (i.e. essays, slide decks, videos, etc.).
- All assessments are submitted online, and tests and exams are completed online.
- All interaction with teachers occurs within the secure learning environment.
For some students, eLearning is engaging and motivational because the eLearning format suits their preferred learning style and offers many challenges and rewards.
Students are responsible for daily asynchronous tasks when not in synchronous sessions.
Note: While the Summer eLearn is most suitable for students comfortable with independent learning, attendance for Tuesday classes is mandatory. Voluntary office drop in sessions are intended to support students who may have questions or need to connect personally with their teacher.