Grades: 9, 10, 11, 12
This fully asynchronous program is for those students who require greater flexibility in schedule and can work independently. There are no exams.
SESSION a – July 4th to July 25th, 2023
SESSION b – July 14th to Aug 4th, 2023
eLearn is for students who prefer a more independent model of learning. This model is best suited for students who are independent learners with good time management skills.
Benefits of an eLearn Course
- Courses follow the rigorous standards and curriculum set by the Ontario Ministry of Education.
- All course content is online and no textbooks are required.
- Students are expected to participate in all asynchronous online discussion and activities.
- There will be a wide range of assessment strategies (i.e. essays, slide decks, videos, etc.).
- All assessments are submitted online, and tests and exams are completed online.
- All interaction with teachers occurs within the secure learning environment.
For some students, eLearning is engaging and motivational because the eLearning format suits their preferred learning style and offers many challenges and rewards.
Students are responsible for completing daily asynchronous tasks.
Students must also have access to a reliable internet connection for the duration of the course.
Note: Daily Voluntary drop in sessions are available for students who may have questions or need to connect personally with their teacher.