- Offered During
- Session 1: July 4-16, 2018
- Session 2: July 17 - 27, 2018
- 8:20 am to 2:50 pm
- 8, 9, 10
- VISA Students: $100.00
This 2 week course will give students the opportunity to develop either their literacy skills in reading or writing that are evaluated by the Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test. All students in Ontario must demonstrate these skills as a requirement for graduation.
PLEASE NOTE: External students are required to obtain the approval of their day school Principal before they can register online for this program.
Click on the button below to download a copy of this form.
Students in this 2 week reading course will;
- read a variety of informational, narrative and graphic texts
- gain knowledge of the structure & organizational elements of various texts
- use a variety of strategies to understand unfamiliar & technical vocabulary and language used figuratively
- gain knowledge in grammatical structures & punctuation
Students in this 2 week writing course will;
- produce a variety of forms of writing, including summaries, information paragraphs, opinion pieces and news reports
- partake in the writing process by re-writing, organizing, drafting, revising and editing
- learn to develop a main idea, provide supporting details, organize & link ideas and information, use appropriate tone, use correct grammar 7 punctuation & use correct spelling.
- Aurora – (SMK)
- St. Maximilian Kolbe CHS
278 Wellington St. East, Aurora L4G 1J5
- Maple – (SJA)
- St. Joan of Arc CHS
1 St. Joan Of Arc Avenue, Maple L6A 1W9
- Markham – (SA)
- St. Augustine CHS
2188 Rodick Road, Markham L6C 1S3
- Richmond Hill – (JV)
- Jean Vanier CHS
10475 Bayview Ave., Richmond Hill L4C 3P2
|Literacy Prep – Reading (grade 8, 9, 10 graduates)||LIT1RN||offered session 1||offered session 1||offered session 1||offered session 1||offered session 1||offered session 1||offered session 1|
|Literacy Prep – Writing (grade 8, 9, 10 graduates)||LIT1WN||offered session 2||offered session 2||offered session 2||offered session 2||offered session 2||offered session 2||offered session 2|