- Offered During
- July 9-12, 2018
- August 20-23, 2018
- 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
- 10, 11, 12
The York Catholic District School Board offers a Ministry Approved Beginner Driver Education Course Provider program to Secondary school students in York Region.
Program Fees Include
- 20 hours in-class instruction (8 weeks)
- 10 hours in-car instruction
- 10 hours of Home links (in-class/home assignments)
- CARS Driver Education Workbook
- The Road Test is not part of the YCDSB Driver Education Program
PLEASE NOTE: Students will ONLY be picked up and dropped off at the high school where they completed their in-class session.
- Fall After School – 3:00 pm – 5:30 pm (8 weeks)
- March Break – 9:00 am – 2:30 pm (4 in-class sessions)
- Summer – 9:00 am – 2:30 pm (8 weeks)
- Saturdays – 8:30 am – 12:30 pm (5 in-class sessions)
Certification Process and Proof of Course Completion
Once a student has successfully completed the course, the student’s driver record is updated with the Ministry of Transportation. This update is done on-line through the Ministry of Transportation Beginner Driver Education Certification website. Once the student certification is processed a Letter of Completion will be mailed to the student with their marks and completion date. Students requiring proof of course completion from the MTO directly need to obtain their “Driver’s Licence History (DLH)”. Students may request this in person at a MTO Driver and Vehicle Issuing Office or by mail. For more information, please contact Service Ontario at 1-800-387-3445.
- Full Payment
- $$539.00 Cheque or Credit card. Cheque payable to YCDSB ($25 fee for RTD cheques)
- Two Instalments
- Cheque or Credit card.
- $339 (dated the first day of the program)
- $200 (dated 4 weeks after start date)
($25 fee for RTD cheques)
Decisions to run courses are based on sufficient student enrolment and teacher availability. YCDSB students will have first priority to programs.
||Catholic Education Centre||320 Bloomington Road West, Aurora L4G 0M1|
||St. Maximilian Kolbe CHS||278 Wellington St. East, Aurora L4G 1J5|
||Our Lady of the Lake CCS||185 Glenwoods Ave., Keswick L4P 2W6|
||St. Joan of Arc CHS||1 St. Joan Of Arc Avenue, Maple L6A 1W9|
||St. Augustine CHS||2188 Rodick Road, Markham L6C 1S3|
||Jean Vanier CHS||10475 Bayview Ave., Richmond Hill L4C 3P2|
||St. Theresa of Lisieux CHS||230 Shaftsbury Ave., Richmond Hill L4C 0E8|
||St. Elizabeth CHS||525 New Westminster Dr., Thornhill L4J 7X3|
||Fr. Bressani CHS||250 Ansley Grove Blvd., L4L 3W4|